14 June 2010

Summer Time and the Living is Easy

If you are not a Texas resident, your summer days may be filled with picnics, trips to the playground, or a nice cool evening in the mountains. That is not the case for us Texas folk. Days consist of brief suffocating trips from one air conditioned location to another or completely submerged in a pool,  which incidentally by late July, the water temperature rises to a balmy 95 degrees. It's so refreshing to jump into a pool of near boiling water! Don't get me wrong about Texas, I ADORE this state, aside from my lovely insect friends, and the occasional hillbilly, we are all good!

I am so very very very very much looking forward to my two week vacay to Portland, Oregon. The land where the majority of the Young family dwells. Oh that ever so glorious state of greenery and ocean breezes! CAN'T wait, did I mention that already? It should provide a much needed departure from the agonizingly painful heat that occupies July.

Among other goings-on: a frantic job search for yours truly. Not to delve to deeply into the reasoning, lets just say, it's what needs to be done for the time being. I do have one prospect, and only a select few know about it. For fear of jinxing it severely, I will just say that if I get it, I would be fulfilling a LONG time dream of mine, silly as it may be. So keep me in your prayers, and if you pray long and hard enough and I get the job, I will tell you what it is. If I don't get it, I am blaming you and you will never know what it was, that will be your punishment. Haha, I am only kidding.......

This week I am cautiously optimistic about our ever evolving future. Nothing is ever constant, life changes at a rapid pace and one needs to be ready to roll with the punches, so to speak. I am so darned blessed with wonderful people in my life that make waking up every morning a joy. I have the coolest kids ever, a phenomenal hubbers, totally rad folks, and friends you would be so  lucky to have. (girls, you know who you are!)

My brothers family motto for the year is "I can do hard things." I am so inspired by that sentence. Life is hard, the things that the Lord asks of us are hard. School is hard, raising kid is hard, marriage sometime is hard, managing a budget is hard, highlighting your own hair is hard ; ), committing to go to the gym is hard, making the decision to back to work is hard, then actually going to work is hard, paying tithing is hard, not eating crappy food is hard, lets face it, most of the stuff we do is hard. But when it is done, what joy and satisfaction and blessings can be ours through perseverance and I might add prayer. Prayer can be another hard thing but it is a hard thing that helps us conquer other hard things, it's genius really.  Well my time has come to bid you farewell, until we meet again dear friends. So long.

3 comments:

YoungFamilyBlog said...

well girl you will have to at least share with me your job!

Amanda said...

Your right. It's hard. and yes...we can do it:) We have to do it;) good post.

Anonymous said...

Amen sister. I'm with you. How about not eating for 10 days and enduring this awful lemonade concoction all because your son told you that you are "very, very fat?" We'll swap prayers: your getting your job and me getting skinny like my son's teacher? ;o)