05 June 2010

Drahhhhmahhhhhh Queen

Sophie and her teeth. Where do I begin? It all started about 4 years ago when I noticed that this girl was grinding her teeth at night, and the grinding lead to sleep apnea and that led to a tonsillectomy. The teeth grinding caused her front tooth to go from a nice normal shape at the bottom to a U-shape with sharp edges. That is problem one. She has subsequently had and abscessed molar, an extraction, a spacer, a root canal, and a upcoming extraction of another molar with yet another spacer, permanent teeth growing in before baby teeth falling out, and a few cavities. It has been traumatic for her to say the least. SOOOO when it comes to assisting a tooth literally hanging on by a thread, you can't touch her with a 10 foot pole. Until you have 2 people hold her down and a tooth-pulling-happy grandpa. I am not sure who it was more traumatic for, her or him. It was quite the emotional event.  Needless to say when the torture was over, she was giddy to the point of tears (on the happy side).  She was rewarded with an amount of money I don't care to share publicly. I don't want to set a precedence.  I never have been able to picture my children toothless.   It is soooo cute to see toothless grins, yet saddening at the same time. In an instant they change and grow up so fast. Add to that cutting off six inches of hair, I have a new child in a matter of an afternoon. But I will admit that I will breathe a big sigh of relief when Soph loses all her baby teeth and she has a fresh new mouth full of pearly whites. I adore this chica and can't wait to see those grown up teeth make an appearance!
before
                                                                             after

2 comments:

Shelly said...

What a cutie pie! Love this girl!

Mrs. Cummings :)

Nat said...

She looks so grown up - what a doll! I will struggle when the baby teeth come out, it is a big change!