14 January 2009

I am Still Alive

Long time no post. True, I was quite ill last week as well as having to work. Now that I am feeling better, I am much more productive. However, I am not sure when my life will ever get to a point where all is well with the world. I LOATHE complaining posts. Seriously. So I guess I won't be reading this once I am done writing, it. I just need a forum to vent. Take it or leave it.

I am so completely torn right now. I know that I HAVE to work for my family's livelihood, but I so totally DO NOT want to be working. It pains me every single day to walk out my door, and then on the day's that I don't get home until 6:30, it kills me even more. To top things off, Nicks dad is leaving next Saturday, and I have yet to find anywhere remotely affordable to put the kids. Waaaa! Boo Hoo! I honestly cant bare the thought of paying over half of my personal income to have someone raise my kids. It keeps me up at night. Truly. Then to top this all off, I got to have today off. It was just me, Buster and Bug. I am loving it. But there is this little nagging reality: that I have to leave them again tomorrow. Bug keeps saying, "Mom, you gots to go back to work tomorrow, huh?" "Yep, Bug I sure do." "Mommy, I get sad and I miss you when you leave me."

Knife through the heart.

Oh well. I know that this is for the greater good, and that it is temporary. I can muddle through.
The challenge still remains...what the flippin heck to do with my rug rats? Any suggestions? Dog kennel? Prison? Padded room with a few toys and a bowl with food and water?

On a lighter note, did you catch American Idol? Greatest. Show. Ever. AND, only 9 days till my burfday! Woo hoo. The greatest holiday ever. I will never be someone that is modest about birthdays. I am not afraid of getting older, and if I had the capacity, I would broadcast it on national television. Maybe Seacrest can give me a shout out on AI next week! A girl can only hope.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Well... you know I can take the girls. You did get my e-mail right? Sorry that I can't watch all three, but I can't do something that could get me in trouble.

Juli said...

Thank you for stopping by tonight and I am SOOOOO sorry about that little ginormous incident:) Anywho, want to go to Cheesecake for our bdays?

Eric and Amy said...

I might be able to help?! Shoot me an email and let me know the details you're needing, etc. eagorg (at) gmail (dot) com and I'll see if I can help.
Amy

jenjamin said...

Chin up sister! Remember this too shall pass and try to remember ALL the things you DO have rather than the things you don't. I am sure it is so taxing being away and juggling all the balls you have in the air right now but there is a silver lining there somewhere. Glad to you are feeling better. XXOO some thoughts below.

“Both abundance and lack [of abundance] exist simultaneously in our lives, as parallel realities. It is always our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend … when we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that’s present—love, health, family, friends, work, the joys of nature, and personal pursuits that bring us [happiness]—the wasteland of illusion falls away and we experience heaven on earth." Sarah Ban Breathnach

"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family... that we may adapt to the changes in our lives, that we may realize what is most important, that we may express our gratitude always and thus find joy in the journey." Thomas S. Monson,

The ancient Roman philosopher Horace admonished, “Whatever hour God has blessed you with, take it with grateful hand, nor postpone your joys from year to year, so that in whatever place you have been, you may say that you have lived happily.”

Anonymous said...

Hey Haley,

Do you know Angela LaCroix in my ward? She just started watching kids in her home and has room still. I know she is cheaper than any of the day care centers around. You should give her a call if you haven't already. Her number is: 214-383-1671

steph said...

I think Angela LaCroix in 5th ward was looking to do childcare in her home. No idea what her rates are, but it's a place to start!

Anonymous said...

Can I just send you a hug and tell you that I love you!

I also loved the little hint about your birthday. I am giving this one some thought. Creative, but sincere and useful.

Sorry I can't help with the childcare, I wish I could. If you really feel that they could benefit from 6th grade math on a regular basis, we can ask my Principal. :) Ummmm, maybe not.