20 January 2009

Woot Woot...Raise da Roof


Yeah, I did it. I quit my job. I am so glad you are all in my roller coaster life. Never stagnant that is for sure. For starters, Grandpa Robert leaves for good on Saturday. So buh-bye babysitter or "manny" as he refers to himself as. After days of deliberation and nights of sleeplessness, I decided that it would be best for all involved if I left my awesome job for green pastures...my family. There was much pursuit for quality and affordable childcare. It doesn't exist. In the end it all boils down to simple mathematics:


$1200 month-$860 child care costs=$340 take home pay


Um...hull-o, that is only $2.36 and hour! Yeah fricken right! So...having that said, I called it quits with the old boss-a-roo. We're cool though. I offered my services on a per diem basis, and so I will now be the "cleaning crew", man the office one or two Saturday's a month, and do some marketing from the comfort of mi casa. Not too shabby. And when all is said and done, I may make a measly pittance doing all that.


I feel that I have made the right decision, albeit frightening. There is nothing in this world more important to me than raising my OWN babies. Yea for me. Now that I am free, I may actually be able to focus some quality time on losing some major poundage. Aaaaw yea. Check in at projectfitmom.blogspot.com in the next few weeks for a REVAMPED site and outlook on life and weight loss. It has been toooooo long since I have done anything over there. Wish me luck!

12 comments:

shahna said...

You go girl! I am happy if you are happy!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

I am very happy for you! When can you come over and get my extra weight watchers stuff???? I NEED you to help me!

Brianne said...

I know this whole thing has been so stressful, so I'm happy for you to be back home with your kids. Sounds like a pretty good deal you worked out with your boss... definitely better than nothin'!

Anonymous said...

Good for you Haley!!!

Tell Bird thank you for cute picture she drew for me on Sunday. She made my day. :)

My name is Andrea said...

Babe, I was just thinking about you really hard this morning. I have wanted things to work out for you so bad. I even tried to think of how I could take your babies so you didn't have to worry, but didn't think that my life would be that fair to them. I am so happy for you. Have faith that you will be blessed and things will all work out...I miss and love you, girlie!

Sarah said...

i'm glad you found a solution you can live and be happy with :D if we have faith it all works out

YoungFamilyBlog said...

I am happy for you. I can't imagine having to work full time. So I am glad you can stay home again.

Jen V said...

Yeah for you! I came to that realization a few years ago. It is so hard to be struggling financially and not want to/ or feel obligated to pitch in. BUT - you said it, there is nothing in this world more important to me than raising my own babies. HOLLA! God will bless you for your sacrifice. Have faith - you are doing the right thing. I'm with you girl!

Amanda said...

Good for you Girl:) Kiss those babies of yours and stay in your jammies all day to celebrate!!!!

ChellaJ [Rachelle] said...

Yay! I'm happy for you! Your kids must be so excited about it too!?!

Janie said...

I was thinking the same thing as Andrea, how I could help. I am so happy for you but understand at the same time the anxiety still creeps up. I have it too!!!
We're here for you!

Amber Hooten said...

Good for you! I know it is a hard decision. One that I have had to make as well. You will be blessed in the long run!