01 January 2009

Here's to The New One

Let's hope that it is better than the last. Really. I am not sure if I can handle much more of what 2008 had to offer. So we will take a deep breath and say a huge prayer that this year will be more, um how do I put this lightly? PROSPEROUS.

What were you doing last night? Partying it up with friends, chillin out realxin, or sleeping? I was at a movie at the Angelika Theater. The movie of choice was the new Clint Eastwood film Gran Torino. I must say......VERY VERY VERY good. If you are familiar with his films you will know that they tend to be very well done, and not very uplifting. (case in point, Million Dollar Baby)But is was fantastic. It is about the tribe of Hmong people from Laos, Vietnam, and China, living in the USA. This movie was especially cool cause my older brother, Chad served his mission in Sacramento among the Hmong people. It was so neat to see all the traditional costumes and rituals portrayed in the movie that he taught us so much about during the course of his mission. It was really great. You should see it some time.

2 comments:

Juli said...

Nobody ever knows who I am talking about when I refer to the Hmong people! There are a ton in WI. I'll have to see it.

Sarah said...

amen, to a better 2009!!!