It came and it went. And so it goes. It was a wonderful and yet EXTREMELY budget friendly holiday. No stress. We headed out to the folks house on Christmas Eve afternoon. Hit up Mooyah for lunch and kicked back the rest of the day. Did the usual: decorated cookies for Jolly Ol Saint Nick, and ate ourselves in to oblivion. The highlight of every Christmas Eve is the ever popular new pee-jay's. In addition to that one gift the girls usually open, we let them tear into one extra. I bought them the game, Perfection this year. Seriously that was the biggest hit with both the adults and the kiddies! It really is as old school as it gets, yet it never gets old! We spent the night at Nanny and Poppy's house and awoke the next morning to a glorious sight: two shiny second hand bikes (absolutely free) sitting by the fireplace. Santa was in a recession this year. Do you think my kids felt affected by that? NOPE, not in the least. They were just as thrilled as could be. They had a wonderful time tearing into the other gifts. Nick and I did not exchange gifts, so the pressure was off there. It was the second year in a row that we did that. (my b-day is in 29 days so I'll make up for it then!) Sadly my camera we MIA Christmas morning, so all we get is the Eve. (Nanny will be emailing her photos soon.) So that's it, the Young's Christmas in a nutshell.
Until next year...









4 comments:
Maris and I never exchange gifts. :o) Don't you love these times in our lives where we prove that happiness doesn't come in a box?? Love you, Haley!
Haley, you have such an adorable family! I love seeing pics of your girls and seeing Buster is like looking at my Austin all over again. Tell Tommy Lee thanks for hook'n us up with surround sound. I just love hearing Cartoon Network and video games blasting from every direction. sigh. :)
and fyi, I gave Terry a toaster this year. >giggle<
can't believe how grown up sophie looks in that last pic-- glad you had a great christmas!
Looks really fun! We had the "poor" santa Christmas this year and the kids could not tell one bit! lol
Post a Comment