
I just read the Kindergarten newsletter for Bird's school. I am so upset and a little sad right now. They are not allowed to wear their costumes on Halloween! Are they for real? What the heck gives? Are they trying to strip all fun and joy from our children's lives? They are trying to make up for it by it being "Red Ribbon Week" and letting the kids wear hats and flip flops....oooo, that make it all better. Whatever. I am boycotting the school. No costumes and candy on the funnest holiday? Then she just won't go to school. Take that! (okay, she'll still will probably go to school, but I won't be happy about it.)

THIS article isn't really that funny, but the headline had me rolling on the floor:
The Move to Ban Halloween: Costumes May Offend Real Witches
Is it Possible that One Day There Will Be No Halloween?
Is it Possible that One Day There Will Be No Halloween?
{I am positive that none of the witches I know take it personally. They should be flattered.}
7 comments:
That is so weird you can't dress up! I love the cartoon so funny! Did they give a good reason? It really isn't a religous Holiday?
I remember the days when we used to be able to have Halloween parties at school. Those days are long gone.
Ha ha. I love the comic. I am so sick of the whole world bending over backwards just so that "a few" are happy or not offended (like the witches). Since when did the (very few) minority get to decided the rules for ALL of us? Our poor kids. People need to grow the freak up, get over themselves and just take things for what they are worth. My two cents.
Ha ha. I love the comic. I am so sick of the whole world bending over backwards just so that "a few" are happy or not offended (like the witches). Since when did the (very few) minority get to decided the rules for ALL of us? Our poor kids. People need to grow the freak up, get over themselves and just take things for what they are worth. My two cents.
Dang, Shut the front door, oh shucks! [my ut jargon] - really though, what the crap? It's too fun to dress up, what gives? I would picket the school. Not really, but tempting1 ;)
sorry--but as a former kinder. teacher I do see a point to this. I didn't ever even get to wear my costume to school as a child?! Who got to do this?
Jack's K-teacher sent home the same letter - I think it's crap. You and I could start a "Mothers Against Ding-bat (School) Districts" campaign.
What's next? No days off for Thanksgiving - because there are people in the world that aren't thankful for what they have??
Post a Comment