Yes, occasionally I have a dumb blond moment or two. They are few and far between, but do happen. Today I had three. {gasp}
1. I was standing in one of the baby aisles at Target today looking at the vast varieties of pacifiers. I turned around and noticed all the Avent bottle paraphernalia. I saw a wide array of nipple flow sizes (there is no good way to put that so it sounds remotely okay). It dawns on me that I haven't gotten Buster any new ones in oh, I'd say, 6 six months or so. My poor kid is supposed to be on a 4, but is still using a 2. To all of you not familiar with this awesome bottle fed baby terminology, it loosely means, my kid ain't gettin nothing out of those lousy 2's. I grabbed the 4's off the shelf and hurried home to get him a nice warm bottle that he could actually enjoy while still warm. He has never gone to bed so peacefully. He downed his bottle in less than 2 minutes, burped a good hearty drunken sailor belch, and was off to la la land.
(now the next two moments came within 2 minutes of eachother, both while I was on the phone)
2. While cooking a loverly spaghetti dinner, I decided that it would be scrumptious to toast some pine nuts {in a skillet} to sprinkle over the top of our food. When I was done I put the nuts on the back burner so I could finish the rest of the preparation. Well stoopid me, I totally laid my right hand down on the burner that I just turned off resulting in 4 lovely toasted fingers. Ouch.
3. Then, I take the pot of boiling spaghetti water to the sink and I try to drain it with one hand. Can't you just see what I'm about to say? YEP...boiling water all over my left hand. Great. Genius. {fortunately I was not seriously injured}
Lesson learned: Don't ever call me while I am trying to cook unless you want me to be a double amputee.
2 comments:
I felt bad even laughing at that....but your last line was so darn funny!
i love the drunken sailor belch!!
and i'm glad i'm not the only one who injures herself while multi-tasking.
Post a Comment