06 July 2008

Wednesday

I have been a Bloggy McSlacker lately. This was Nick's last week of involuntary "vacation" so we seized the moment. We swam a bunch, and then on Wednesday, we took the kiddos to the Sandy Lake Amusement Park. I use the term "amusement" very loosely, more like barfmusement, or nauseamusement. This park dates back to easily 1960. I believe the rides are that old as well. Comforting for the mother that has to ride on the dragon roller coaster with Jada. I have some seriously bruised knees, and recurring nightmares of the thing falling right off the track. The girls on the other hand had a total blast. I figure we saved about $200 by spending the day here as opposed to Six Flags. All we could have done there with the kids would have been the same rides anyway. And after all, we owned the place, there were like 4 other people there. Can't beat that. Oh, and the FOOD, let me telll you about the glorious food! The pizza looked like the surface of the moon, and was a nice 75 degrees. The hot dog had a built in relish taste (I don't believe it was supposed to taste like that), and the BBQ pork sandwich had a lovely pastey texture, most commonly know as SPAM, as far as I know. The biggest mistake was taking Sophie on the giant swings that spin you so fast that you end up completely horizontal, after eating all that food (insert dry heaving here). Despite all that, we did have a good day, the kids had fun, that is the most important part.



Ice cream sandwich face

So very tired


It saddens me to think that this guy thought this was an okay look...




2 comments:

YoungFamilyBlog said...

looks like you guys had some fun! I love the picture of the guy so funny

Gary Church said...

Haley, I laughed out loud over the dude with the short, mismatched shorts. I'm not one to notice those things, and it made me laugh so hard.