02 July 2008

Truly Inspirational

I just finished reading the book A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah. It is about his life as a child soldier in Sierra Leone, Africa. The book is amazing. It is extremely difficult to read, but is very triumphant. My Aunt Vicki recommended this to me, and at first, I was mad at her, but in the end I was so inspired by the author. What a truly moving story. It makes you feel extremely grateful that we are born and live in the time and place that we do. I totally recommend reading this. Just know it is very graphic, but it is worth the read. I can't stop thinking about it!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'll have to check it out!

grammy vicki said...

Sorry to make you mad at me, but glad you liked it in spite of your anger! I am constantly amazed at the human spirit.