19 July 2008

I AM Wonder Woman

We have been looking for ways to save money around our house since times have been tough. What better way to do it? BUY 2 CARS! Genius! Truthfully, it really is saving us a ton of money. So the story goes, I was to go to the Nissan dealership yesterday and test drive a 2005 Quest with all of the kids. Nick refused to spend an entire Saturday at a car dealership, so I was going to get some of the stuff out of the way. Well 7 1/2 years, I mean HOURS later, I was driving away in my new used 2005 Quest that slightly smells of cigarette smoke. Oh, and while I was there, I got a car for Rico too. He has been driving, what we affectionately refer to as the "Chester Molester" van for the past 3 years. You know what I am talking about? The white panel van. No logo on the side and a clean cut white guy driving it. I once asked him to pick up our 15 year old baby sitter in it one day, and he said, "Haley, do you really think that is a good idea? A man, picking up a teenager in a white panel van, doesn't look so good."
So true.

Well, back to my Wonder Woman reference. I spend the entire day negotiating the heck out of the deal, managing 2 test drives, and 3 kids, ALONE. I guess I should mention that I have Wonder Kids, and they deserve much of the credit. They were amazing. I just also need to mention that I do not post this to brag about buying cars. I despise that. I am bragging about how great I am. (lol)
***attn Andrea O.***
I am aware that you will read this, and pass the word on to your hubby. Tell him that we are extremely sorry, and Nick owes you guys a home theater installation service of your choice free of charge. (hanging your TV, speakers, brackets and cords included!)

13 comments:

shahna said...

I am so excited for you, Haley! I had a quest once. That was a great car. In fact, I think it was the turning point for me when I finally resolved myself from sedan to minivanville. BIG jumping off point, ya know. I can't wait to see it. Maybe I'll take you with me next time I need to buy a car - sounds like your a real negotiater.

Sarah said...

hey girl, you should have had me watch the girls while you went. i was home all day. glad everything worked out.

Lisa said...

Good for you!!!

Gary Church said...

So, what kind of car did you get Nick? lol.

Eileen said...

So lets see some pics of the new vehicles! I enjoy the negotiation too.

YoungFamilyBlog said...

welcome to the world of mini vans! you guys will love it

The A Team said...

that's so awesome!!! we we finally get our much needed second car, i'll keep you on speed dial. i'm a tough negotiater but the long hours get to me and by the end i'll sign anything.

Amanda said...

Okay YOU ARE WONDER WOMAN!!!!!!!!! I would NEVER in one MILLION years go in and do that with 3 kids alone!!! I won't even make a decision on a car the same day I test drive it.....I learned that lesson with our first car! But I know you will love a MINIVAN I love ours! You can't beat the room and sliding doors with kids!

ChellaJ [Rachelle] said...

Taking the kids...yes you deserve the wonder women status for that one alone! Let's see some car pics.

My name is Andrea said...

oh, haley, maris only wants you to walk away with something that works for you, and if it doesn't work with him, not a big deal...i appreciate you giving him a chance...:)

Lisa Marie Trent said...

I'm still confused to how that saved you money... did you trade in your other cars...? Or do you have 4 cars now...THAT'S CRAZY!

jenjamin said...

Hey Haley.... That is the same van we had, hated it! Just kidding, I am sure you will love it. Actually I think ours was a 2004 anyway vans are so practical with little ones and in a small way I do miss it. See you soon :)

Janie said...

I went way into a scary part of dallas a year ago just to test drive a car - we (me and the three kids) left straight from the pool, yes in wet clothes I was there four hours later working out my deal and then another hour and half refusing stupid overpriced warranties! It was H#LL so I to know what it feels like to be wonder woman at the car dealership, but I hope to never do it again! Congrats to you