14 June 2008

Pork and Beans Bread

Yeah, I am aware that the this recipe sounds utterly disgusting, but don't knock it till you try it. This is a dessert bread, along the same lines and a banana, or pumpkin bread. I found this recipe last week, and I made it on Saturday. It was devoured by Nick, Sophie and myself. It is really really good. Plus it is chock full of protein! Just try it. Comment me back when you do, and let me know what you think.

Pork and Beans Bread
INGREDIENTS
1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans
4 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup chopped walnuts

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9x5x3 inch loaf pans.
Puree undrained pork and beans in a blender or food processor.
In a large bowl, combine eggs, flour, sugar, salt, oil, cinnamon, vanilla, baking soda and baking powder. Mix well. Gently fold in nuts and pureed pork and beans. Divide batter into pans evenly.
Bake for 60 minutes, or until bread tests done.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Okay that sounds REALLY scary to make - I have never used Pork and Beans in my life - but I will take your word, and I MAY try these out. You need to post a pic of what this looks like.