05 June 2008

In Loving Memory

My Aunt Vicki reminded me that today was the 6th anniversary of my Grandmother's passing. Earlier today I had e-mailed her this video of David Archuleta singing "Be Still My Soul".

This was one of the songs that was sung at her funeral. I have to say, that since her funeral, I have a difficult time listening to this song. It always makes me think of my sweet grandpa who has been left without her, and the sadness that he feels. But I am so glad that there is music like this. I am amazed at the comfort music can bring in times of loss and pain. I love the verse:

Be still, my soul: The hour is hast'ning on
When we shall be forever with the Lord,
When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul: When change and tears are past,
All safe and blessed we shall meet at last

I love my grandparents, and I am so glad to know that they will be together for eternity, and that I too, will be with her again. We will be reunited with the love's purest joy.

2 comments:

grammy vicki said...

Nice tribute, Haley. Amen!!!

Jessica said...

I can't believe it has been that long, wow! We miss her too!