I am having an affair with my Swiffer Vac and Wet Jet. I purposely drop and spill stuff just so I can use the. I love when my floor gets dirty, because it is such such a joy to clean! Now if only Swiffer could invent a robotic trash-taker-outer, I'd be in heaven.
The best furniture polish can not be bought, it has to be made, but I swear it is FABULOUS! (it is super easy too!)
Furniture Polish
Our "salad dressing" version avoids the danger of silicone oil, found in most commercial polishes and sprays. Silicone oil can penetrate tiny cracks in furniture finish and enter the wood, causing problems in the event refinishing is needed. Lemon juice dissolves dirt and smudges, while olive oil shines and protects the wood:
Furniture Polish Recipe
Mix in a sprayer bottle:
1 cup olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
Shake well and apply a small amount to a flannel cleaning rag or cleaning cloth. Spread evenly over furniture surface. Turn cloth to a dry side and polish dry
2 comments:
Who knew you were so domestic, and oh so "green." What a Domestic diva you are!
i understand your love affair. my vacuum and i are involved. i actually give the kids goldfish in the living room so i get to clean them up.
Post a Comment