First of all, let me begin by saying that Texas has the most INSANE weather. No joke, it is 80 degrees today, on December 7th. Kinda nice. I am not complaining. The thing I CAN legitimately complain about is the inconsistency. In about 3 days it is going to start freezing and raining. This makes dressing your kids appropriately for the day virtually impossible. Texas weather is VERY good at dropping 40 degrees in the course of and hour or two.
Secondly, I had quite the scare with Jada. I was sitting in my garage painting a cabinet for the baby's room, and the girls were out playing. Our dog is VERY good about staying with the girls. He is their little protector. I usually don't worry. I do however have to keep a fairly good eye on Jada because the has the tendency to wander. Well, as I am sitting there, with both kids in view, a police car pulls up right in front of my house. Knowing that I have an unpaid speeding ticket in a town 30 minutes away, I start to get a little concerned. I am thinking to myself, "really, would they come right to my door and arrest me?" Well, fortunately they were going to my neighbors house. Amidst all this, I must have for 2 seconds not paid much attention to Jada's whereabouts. I quickly ask Sophie if she has seen her, and she said that she was walking down the sidewalk and was getting pretty far away. (Little LIAR!) She was NOWHERE in sight. I start to panic. Seriously, my adrenaline was up big time. I know she hadn't gone into my house, she would have walked right in front of me. I am running (keep in mind I am 8 months pregnant, and I can hardly walk), up and down my street, no sign of her. I run to my neighbors house to see if she is there, because my kids think that their house is free reign. And this is the same house the cops are at. (Great, just what I need is the cops around while I loose my kid.) She isn't there. So Creighton (my neighbor) AND THE COP, come out to help me look for her, and the cop finds her sitting in my car playing with the contents of my glove box. SERIOUSLY!!! I had no idea the car was even unlocked! I do not need this kind of stress!
On a lighter note, my FABULOUS home teacher, Scott, is here painting the nursery for us. I can't even tell you how great this is. Nick has been working 6 days a week lately, so we need this so bad! I will have the whole room put together tomorrow, and pictures will be posted!
4 comments:
How scary...glad you found her safe and sound. And YAY for great Home Teachers!
WOW! What a scary day!!! I can't wait to see pictures of the room:)
ok I know that is scary, but I keep picturing you running and I can't stop laughing. I think about myself that big and once at the gym I thought I would see if I could still run it was one scary sight! I am glad Jada was safe! I can't wait to see the nursery.
why do our children put us through stuff like that? I can't wait to see the nursery. You should have called I would have loved to come help decorate.
Post a Comment