08 October 2007

Time Flies

I honestly can't believe how quickly time flies. I occasionally go through my old pics of my kids and am amazed at how fast they grow. It saddens me a little. I love when they are babies, and love every stage they go though. I love having a 4 year old, she is so much fun now, but sometimes I long for the little bald baby. As for my 2 year old, I could take her or leave her. (just kidding) Jada has changed so much, she doesn't even look like her baby pics at all. She is such a big girl that keeps me laughing all the time. We often refer to her as Jekyll and Hyde or the Devil Child, because her mood can change on a dime. I am not exaggerating that in the least. But I still like her! Sophie talks SO MUCH! My mom says that she takes after me, but I don't see it. Sometimes when we are in the car I find myself saying uh-huh, really?, I don't believe it, no way, and by the time we get home, I have NO clue what we just talked about. She is a bit of a rambler. As I go through these melancholy moments, I find it easier to be grateful for the little things that happen everyday. Find joy in monotony, and pleasure in the craziness.

Two years ago in November

My sweet Jada, 4 months old

Precocious Sophie 20 months old

1 comment:

Brit H. said...

OH! They are so sweet. I love the family pic. I can't believe how fast they grow. I know what you are saying about each stage being so fun..but I miss the little baby, baby stage too! And Yay that you are getting a new one soon!!