08 October 2007

Banana Cookies...A Blessing or a Curse?

My cute cousin, Jessie, posted this recipe on her blog. I finally got around to making these today. Let me tell you....They are so dang good. Very fall-ish. The frosting is what sold me. I must give her the credit, but if you want to give it to me, I'll take it. You gotta try them out.


BANANA COOKIES

½ cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed bananas (2-3)

Mix together then add:

2 cups flour
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp soda
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp nutmeg

Mix ingredients. Use a cookie scoop to drop on sheet. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.

Banana Cookie Frosting

1/3 cup butter, browned
In deep bowl with wax paper over it, cook in microwave for 3 minutes then add 1 minute at a time until brown.
3 cups powdered sugar
3-4 Tbls milk
1 ½ tsp vanilla

Mix and spread over cookies while frosting is still warm.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I am so glad you tried them and liked them - isn't that frosting so yummy!!

grammy vicki said...

I tried your tomato soup recipe and Bob and I loved it! It's a long way "off the plan", but with a substitute for the straight cream, it will be ok. Thanks for sharing.

Arielle Lee Bair said...

Sounds delicious; can't wait to try out the recipe! By the way, I stumbled upon your blog and have been reading it for the last few days. It makes me smile. Thanks for sharing your family. :) I'm a writer, so I love reading about the lives of other--and you write well, so your blog is entertaining. :) Just wanted to say hello. I've bookmarked your blog so I can keep visiting. Nice to "meet" you!

Arielle

YoungFamilyBlog said...

I am going to try these this weekend. They sound really good. You always get such good recipes. Have fun on your vacation. I can't wait to see the pics. Tell mom I said HI!

luke & misty meldrum family said...

Sounds very yummy!! It was good to talk to you on Sunday!Hope the ipod works in your car now. Take care!!

Jen said...

I'm so making this tonight.