20 October 2007

Lion King



Yesterday my parents too Sophie and I to see the Lion King at the Fairpark in Dallas. Three words for you A-MA-ZING! I have never seen anything more incredible. The first act of the play is the big "Circle of Life" song, and it is the most stunning production. I am such a sissy, the minute Rafiki starts singing, I start bawling. It was so overwhelming for me. I have wanted to see this for YEARS, and the excitement of Sophie watching it, all caught up with me and I wept...yes I wept. I got over it really quick because I spent the rest of the show in awe.


Timon and Pumba we hilarious. The people that play them are so talented. They can sing, dance, and control these puppets that are attached to them. I can't imagine the work and time that the actors have to put in to play these characters.

Rafiki was my favorite. She was so cute and funny and extremely well played.

Afterwards we went out to eat at the Olive Garden. Sophie and I shared a yummy garlic shrimp pasta dish. Yes, I know my child is so cultured, theater and shrimp, all in the same day. It was a wonderful day, one that I won't soon forget.
This is Sophie with her Nala doll, but she seems to think her name is either Narla, or Darla. Whatever.


Sophie with my parents, the benefactors of our evening. Thank Nanny and Poppy! Love you!

4 comments:

My name is Andrea said...

I am so glad you liked it!! It was totally incredible and so hard to put into words. Awe is a good one!! I still smile just thinking about it!!!

Arielle Lee Bair said...

The Lion King is such a wonderful show. I had the opportunity to see it about 6 years ago and it was great. Quite a spectacle!

Sounds like you had a fabulous evening! Thanks for sharing!

Arielle :)

YoungFamilyBlog said...

That is so neat you guys got to go to that. That is something I would really like to do someday.

grammy vicki said...

What a fun outing! I want to see Lion King on Broadway - everyone says that it is a not-to-miss! It will be something that Sophie remembers the rest of her life. Thanks for the recommendation, and the photos. The costumes look fantastic!