20 September 2007

Geting the Knitting Know-How

For the longest time I have desired very much to learn how to knit. I remember sitting next to a woman on the airplane that was knitting a pair of socks and I was so fascinated by the talent and the patience that it takes. I have known how to crochet, (I am not very good at it) but I think knitting opens up a whole world of projects. From blankets, to scarves, to sweaters. Sweaters may come 30 years down the road. For now my main goal is to make a blanket composed of many squares for my baby boy.
I am so thankful for the Internet and web videos. I sat in front of my computer yesterday and followed the instructions for a basic knit stitch. And the pics below are the result of starting over at least 100 times. But I am getting the feel for it. I am so excited to keep going. I have always wanted to find something that I am good at. I am not a scrapbooker, or a sewer, but hey, maybe soon, I will be a master knitter! Keep posted for the progress, and hopefully I will have pics of the finished product in 3 months from now!


2 comments:

Lisa Marie Trent said...

I've knit two scarves this week- they are cute and all, but I'd love to learn how to crochet... I've heard the whichever you learn first seems the easiest. Hmm. Well my congratulations. Blankets are great for knitting. Or vice versa.

My name is Andrea said...

Good job! How awesome that you "taught yourself" like that!