25 August 2010

Holy Smokes

(I am not really going green, I just liked the image)
It has been a month and a half since I last posted? Can it be? Well I picked wrong time to re-enter blogging world what with my several commitments, including some SERIOUS college classes, elementary age children (two of them), a die hard fitness routine, as well as a VERY time consuming eating program. Why not throw blogging on top of all that? I was MAJOR lazy bones this summer.  I mean...big time lazy, but now have turned over a new leaf and I am hoping to be a massive over-achiever. So here I am in all my shrinking glory, positively convinced that not one soul out there reads this lame-o blog of mine.

The die hard plan mentioned above is BODY FOR LIFE. I am not here to chronicle my journey. Cause it ain't no body's business where all that junk in my trunk is going. I will however be MORE than happy to show a picture of my fit body at the END. No before pics will be shown. Because most of you already know what I look like now. This is a deeply personal journey. And more than just changing my appearance, it is changing the way I am, the way I think, the way I eat, and the love/hate relationship with the variety of substances that enter my body....meaning food folks. I am happier and healthier than I have ever been.  It does hinder our social life just a tad, but we just have to make some adjustments to they way we do things but we are all good! My new hobby is hunting down recipes that are enticing and healthy at the same time. That is a difficult task for one such as myself. I also stalk a ton of fitness blogs getting good ideas to tweak the work outs to optimize my time at the gym. Good times folks. This is the new and improved me.

Hope you like her.

6 comments:

Brianne said...

I still read your blog and I like you too...whether you're lazy or over-achieving :) If you find any recipes you like, send them my way...I'm trying to shrink too!

jenjamin said...

count me as #1 person who DOES read your blog and love to hear what you say! Love you. Good luck with everything. love you!

Jeff and Amy Barlow said...

I read this.

And, I like "her."

Just sayin'...

xoxo

tiburon said...

I have achieved MUCH success with Body for Life.

I have been doing it for YEARS.

If I can help - let me know.

Good luck!

Vegas Emily said...

You probably have no idea who I am - I'm Ashley Knights sister. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that there is a cookbook called Eating for Life and it has some really great recipes in it...you can probably get it for pretty cheap on Amazon.com - it's been out for quite a while. Good luck!

Sarah Larsen said...

Just found you! Cute blog, cute style, cute family!