12 February 2010

SNOW!

So we have been dumped upon. Record breaking 9 inches of snow in North Texas. It does (kind of) make me miss Utah. Okay, maybe not really. I love the snow in small doses. I would like it to come for a day, then melt and then quickly return to my early spring. Fortunately that is how we roll here in Tejas. The snow should be gone in a day or two, and then by next week we will be basking in the sunshine at the park. The main drawback about the snow is how unprepared we are to deal with it. I have NO snow clothes for my kids. They are wearing cowgirl boots, knit mittens, and jeans. That allows for approximately 10 minutes of snow playtime. We will enjoy it while it lasts, as long as it doesn't last more than a day.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

YoungFamilyBlog said...

that is so crazy!

Nat said...

I had the same problem when it snowed here in Vegas. I am totally with you - it is fun for a minute then it can go away for a long time and I don't miss it!