26 July 2009

Who's Chiney?

A few months back I was asking the girls what they wanted for dinner, and Sophie replied "I want Chinese food!" Then Jada looked at me and said, "Who's Chiney?" (take a minute, I'm sure you'll get it.)

My friend Carrie took us to the best restaurant on Saturday morning for Dim Sum (essentially brunch). They have little carts that roll around that are stacked up with a bunch of different things that you can see before you order. Now, Carrie, who originates from Hong Kong was not about to allow us to just get egg rolls and sweet and sour chicken. OurShmorgasbord ran the gamut, form shark fin dumplings to octopus to chicken feet. I am soooooo grateful that my kids are not picky eaters. When Jada heard there was octopus, that is all she could talk about, and proceeded to eat it the entire time. Nick and I braved the chicken feet, and Eli loved the shark fin dumplings. Crazy. It was totally new, and adventurous, and ABSOLUTELY awesome!
Eli eating a shark fin dumpling

Chicken feet, oh so glamorous
Me and da boyz
Jada enjoying her third or fourth helping of octopus.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a blast with you guys! I told my whitey husband how my friend's whitey husband had chicken feet during Dim Sum time; he would just shake his noggin and said: "Leave it to you to infect others with your crazy eating habits... that's all the world needs... more chicken feet eaters..." We've gotta do this again!

Sarah said...

i want to go :D where did y'all go???

YoungFamilyBlog said...

Ok I am glad you guys are so brave. I just about threw up thinking about it, but it must be good if the kids were eating it.