09 May 2009

Mother May I?


I LOVE LOVE LOVE being a mom!

It is the worlds greatest calling. We are put on this earth to "multiply and replenish" it. Heavenly Father has entrusted us with the divine calling to raise up his children in righteousness. In this day and age, it seems harder and harder to do that. I am terrified to have my children grow up. I am scared of the internet, television, other kids, texting, camera phones, and access to all things beyond my control.  I know it is easy to be frightened of those obstacles in life, to be scared that they will take hold of our sweet innocent children, but we must have faith in the Lord. We must have faith in our ability to build a fortress around our homes. To teach our children the correct paths in life and then, in due time, set them free into the world. I know that no matter what, my kids will always be loved by my husband and me, and more importantly the Lord.  

I try to cherish every moment with my little ones. I watch them sleep ever so peacefully, memorize every feature on their tiny little faces. Every freckle, every dimple. I know them inside and out. They are a part of me and my Eternal companion. It is incredible. I know that the love for my children will be as strong 30 years from now as it is today. I know that by being a daughter (an only daughter) to my parents. I know that they love me as much today as the day I was born. Quite possibly even more now because of the magnificent grandchildren I have bestowed upon them.  I love my mom more than anything. I don't have sisters, so she has been and always will be my BEST FRIEND. I love my mother-in-law. No matter how little we see of each other, I am fully aware of her undying love for Nick and our family. Distance and time does not diminish that motherly love by any means.  

I love my friends so dearly. I admire their abilities to be wonderful mothers. I watch them as they demonstrate compassion, patience, and in teaching their children the principles of the Gospel. I have a tendency to be hard on myself in thinking that I am not doing all I can, or I am doing something wrong. But I know that no one is perfect and that all mothers are united in raising the Lords children. We buoy each other up. We are shoulders to cry on, to complain to and to confide in. (One or two of you out there are kind enough to listen to me when I have the urge to strangle unruly rug-rats.) For all that I am grateful. 

I love my children. I love my husband for doing half the work to help get them here {wink wink}. I find joy every day in the little things they do. I am amazed as I watch them learn new things. To try new, and sometimes scary things. They are amazing little miracles and I will try every day of my life to be good enough for them.

4 comments:

Juli said...

Well put.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to drop you a note and tell you how much I love and admire you. I hope you have the BEST Mother's Day ever!

jenjamin said...

Great post!

Ashley said...

I loved this post Haley! Very inspiring! Happy Mother's Day