12 April 2009

Oh The Joy

I would like to say it was a joyous day at the Easter Egg Hunt in our neighborhood, but I'd be lying. First off, I thought I'd be all healthy and walk to the venue. I get there 10 minutes early, and there was NOTHING going on. Then a car pulled up and informed me that it was at the other neighborhood park about a half a mile away. So I toughen up and we walk the rest of the way there. In the meantime, I am convinced that the temperature dropped quite significantly, causing SEVERE goosebumps on sweet little Bugs bare legs. {she insisted that she'd wear shorts, but on top she'd wear a sweater, and that should be plenty.} The poor thing was sooooo freezing that her jaw was chattering and she had a lovely shade of periwinkle blue lips. I began to fret thinking about the walk home. And then sweet Kedra came to our rescue and took Bug home with her. Bird and Buster were otherwise fine.  I am not kidding, there is nothing worse than a COLD Easter Egg Hunt (especially when it lasts a whole 3 minutes). But these munchkins sure are the cutest things ever.

Once home we began making our Easter Treats. These were so much fun! {thanks Shahna) I think we had more fun delivering them to our friends. {Sorry Juli, you weren't home!} They are so cute, just Robin's Eggs, Fiber One cereal, Peeps, marshmallows and butter. 

No comments: