01 March 2009

Feelin the Burn, and I Want to Kick its Butt

Yesterday I made the ginormous mistake of doing some physical activity. I attended a class at the gym entitled "Chisel". It should have been called "The Deepest Darkest Fiery Depths of H-E Double Hockey Sticks". Yeah, that would do. Honestly, all I wanted to do today was sleep so I wouldn't have to feel the sheer pain that I feel in my legs. Every time I sit down (or stand up for that matter) you'd hear a groan of agony aptly described as a laboring cow. I want to cry. I was sitting on the couch reading the greatest book ever (no, not Twilight or the Bible) and I heard the buzzer on the dryer. I seriously have never loathed laundry more in my life than at that moment. The thoughts of standing up (FOR MY LAUNDRY) were enough to make me curl up in the fetal position and cry. And the worst part is, last night I was trying to carry my gigantic child (if you recall from 2 posts ago, the one trying to kill me) down the stairs at my parents house, in heeled boots. I have never feared for his life more than at that moment. I thought I was going to drop him right on his sweet little round, red head.

I was making great strides in the "getting in shape" aspect of my life until yesterday. I am not sure how long it will be until I recover from "TDDFDOHELL" just to turn around and do it again on Wednesday! Woo Hoo. Can't wait. Just kidding, I can wait, an eternity actually. But if I wait that long, my rear end and my abs will remain a gelatinous, squishy mess. And that won't do. No sir-ee.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

been there-- but it was YEARS ago and I blame my weight gain on it :D j/k the 2nd day is always worse than the first day after-- ooh the pain, lots of ice and ibuprofen-- but the results are worth it right?

Eric and Amy said...

I'm impressed! I've felt that pain...and it's not fun! What gym do you go to? I could certainly use a good bootie kicking!

Wardell Family said...

Ouch, that makes me hurt just reading that! Good luck on Wednesday!

HANSEN/ PORTER wedding said...

Oh my gosh, totally done that. I did a shoulder work out once (thanks to Emily Robinson). I couldn't even lift my arms to take my shirt off.

jenjamin said...

Day 2 is always the worst! Going pee is always the worst for me. I am usually pretty good because I don't sit down a ton in any given day except to drive or pee. Good luck with that, so sorry but I feel your pain.

House of Borjas said...

Thanks for the great laugh today. Is it bad that I'm laughing about your misery? It's just so funny!

Anonymous said...

I have said it over and over - exercise is simply bad for your health.

I am sorry that you are sore. We have all been there. I am just too darn old to go there again. :)

Jen said...

two words: foam roller. It's a wonderful tool that massages and stretches every muscle imaginable with very little effort. Roll everything over it-- front and back, back and forth. You can get an inexpensive one at Target. Go Haley, go!

Nikki said...

You have to admitt that as much as it sucks to be sore, it feels soooooo GOOD cause you know it's working! I have a very strong love hate relationship with working out and being sore. Stretch and work out again, like Sarah said, the second days the worst, but it'll get better. Hang in there! :)