Nick and I decided to walk/jog Bug to preschool yesterday. And of course thought it would be brilliant to bring the dog. If you all know my cute hubby, he is like a whole foot taller than me, which means that a brisk walk for him is like a jog for me. I struggled to keep up with him the whole time. I was feeling like I was going to die, huffing and puffing like crazy. So we traded the stroller for the dog. Alas, walking the dog seemed much easier. So me, being the hilarious goofball that I am, decide to break out in a full sprint to finally pass Nick and the kids. (enter my comical debut.)
The #$%&*!@ dog cuts me off, as I am looking back at Nick essentially to say "neener neeneer", but instead tripped over the leash and some how flipped, and landed on my whole right side and whacking my head on the concrete. Ouch. Ouch. Ouch! Seriously. I was laying in the middle of the street bawling my eyes out, clutching my head and cursing out the stupid dog (just to mask my own stupidity). I finally pull myself together enough to get Jada to school. I still remained crying the whole way there, and the kids, seeing all this are crying as well. We were a mess. Luckily Elizabeth showed up to drop off her little girl at the same time, and was kind enough to take me home, and Nick walked back with Buster and the dog.
The minute I walk into my house, my vision gets all blurry, and I feel as though I would black out. I get my baggie of ice and crash on my couch. I am getting really concerned at this point. The goose egg on the back of my head is huge, my vision is blurry, and I fell like I am going to puke. I called my mom, who a year ago, almost to the day, fell and got a skull fracture. She'd know what to do! As a result I spent the entire morning in the ER getting doped up on Morphine, and having a CT scan of my brain. Everything checked out great, and I was sent home. I am okay, just have major neck pain from whiplash.
That will go down in the record books as Dumb Blond Moment #318.
12 comments:
YOu poor thing:( I am glad you are okay! One more reason why I don't exercise:) LOL!
:o( I'm sorry.
Maris would have been laughing at me so hard! I'm glad that you are ok, but sorry you had to go to the ER...yucky way to spend the morning!
I'm so glad that you were ok. You scared me!
I'm so sorry, I'm glad your ok, but you seriously made my day, I'm not the only person in the world that biffs it when I'm trying to be graceful.
I haven't laughed that hard in a while! Thanks! J/K I'm glad you're ok!
I haven't laughed that hard in a while! Thanks! J/K I'm glad you're ok!
I haven't laughed that hard in a while! Thanks! J/K I'm glad you're ok!
Oh - I just snorted I was laughing so hard! Isn't it the times we are feeling over confident that we are brought crashing back down to earth? Too funny!
And, by the by... you are what 27 years old and you are only at #318? Miraculous - I stopped counting years ago - and I'm not even blond!
Kyle would be asking "can I laugh now?" the whole day
so sorry though - it totally sucks to eat concrete for breakfast.
I just have to post it...Don't worry Haley, it happens to every two year old. Ha, ha.
well, at least something good came of it (morphine.)
i totally did this while jogging with my friends once about 7 years ago. i always said that nothing was hurt as much as my pride!!
hang in there--we are ALL clumsy idiots!
Oh, Haley, how awful! I saw you guys walking that morning and thought how fun, that you guys can walk Bug to school as a family. It must've happened right after I saw you guys! So sorry! Glad you're okay!
Post a Comment