06 September 2008

I Don't Like Wal*Mart

Shocking isn't it? Haley doesn't like Wal*Mart? Are you kidding me? It's no secret that I (and Amanda) detest that store. The trouble is, it is so close to my house, I can't stop myself from going there. Unlike Amanda, who would travel 100 miles to the next closest store if needs be. Any hoo...here are just a FEW of the millions of reasons that I HATE Wal*Mart:
(most of which I discovered today)

I feel like the whole parking lot could be like this, with a teeny tiny section for peeps like me.

I ACTUALLY saw a guy that looks just like this there today, except he had a half shirt on...that's hot.

I saw about 14 relatively large women wearing tank tops like this. I had to come home and wash my eyes out with soap for witnessing that one.
I love this White Trash Barbie. Notice the black eyes, pregnant, brown re-growth, and Jack Daniels. Classic.
Rah Rah! Gooooo Mullets!




6 comments:

Amanda said...

LOL! It only takes me 10 minutes to get to Target! It's well worth it!!!!! I haven't stepped in wal-mart in almost a year now and I am LOVING it! I don't think I can EVER go back!

My name is Andrea said...

I hate Wal*Mart too, and guess what, they announced yesterday that they are building a Market Fresh Kroger on the SW corner of Lake Forrest and 380...my Wal*Mart days are limited...

The A Team said...

i'm with you on that!!! i HATE wal-mart more than any other store and drive to target (or my fav place in carrollton) to shop. if you end up there at midnight on a tuesday (like i always seem to) the people you're talking about are the lookers....

Sarah said...

i guess i'm just one of those cheap walmart's-- i absolutely DETEST over priced groceries-- target, kroger, tom thumb, albertsons-- literally rape your wallet when it comes to groceries--i know i'm un-american for shopping there-- but groceries are cheaper and they usually have EVERYTHING i am looking for-- saving time and money.

i admit i will drive to FRISCO to Sprouts once or twice a month for double ad day and GREAT local produce.

Gary Church said...

I have a love/hate relationship with Wal-Mart too ... but not so much because of the people there. I grew up with a Season Pass to Six Flags, so pretty much nothing phases me anymore. It's the looooooong arse lines that drive me bonkers. It's 5 minutes from my house and I'm still paranoid to buy ice cream cause it will take 20 minutes just to check out with 10 items. I love that about Target ... always plenty of lanes open.

We were at Wal-Mart last year on Dec. 23rd, at about 10pm. It wasn't crazy late or anything, and it was 2 days before Christmas. They had 4, count them FOUR, checkout lanes open. It took us 40 minutes to check out ... and I made Gary run the ice cream we WERE going to buy, back to the freezer.

YoungFamilyBlog said...

I hate going to Walmart, but I love that I can get everything in one place. You can't beat the price either. I have tried other stores! There is a walmart in west jordan that is really slow and I go there. It is really nice, and I have never seen the people you pictured! Ha Ha