I arrived at work last night all doped up on Red Bull (my new best friend), and got to work. Yes, I am a lowly "hospitality" team member which mean that I am cleaning the hair out of the shower drains {yuck}, and folding towels. (Just a side note: when you are at the gym, those towels don't fold themselves.) I am a tiny bit of an elitist and usually think that cleaning toilets for a public place is totally below me. But when you are broke, and chubby you will do anything for a little extra cash and a free gym membership. So, that's it. I clean up your crap.
Oh I also need to mention that my new coworker, we'll call him Matthew McStinks-a-lot, combs his hair with buttered toast and brushes his teeth with frosting. A pure delight to spend my evening with.
One more thing, I am going on 3 1/2 hours of sleep in the past 24, and I am doing great. Sarah, your offer is tempting. Call me at 12:30 and I will let you know if I need ya!
8 comments:
You are so funny. Sorry you have to work nights, but at least you are getting a free gym membership out of it. Are you going to be ok with Reagan there in October? Not sure how often you work! Jeremy can help while you sleep!
If bug and buster want to come play sometimes we will LOVE IT! Isaac likes playing with little miss bug in nursery, so they will have fun, and you will get sleep. SERIOUS Haley. It will be good for my kids to play with some friends, and you get quiet. Win Win right?! Maybe she can do some preschool stuff with Isaac. . . another plus :)
I would love to have the little ones over too! Call me ANYTIME! What time do you get off of work?
For an elitist you sound awfully humble. I hope you got my message on your cell about Brady's cold. Sorry I couldn't make it. Missed U!
argh, you are one brave, strong woman. good luck with this...
YOu are better than I!
I don't think I'd work nights for a gym membership--than again I have never even been a member at a gym so maybe I don't know what I am missing!
Yikees! Those must be some pretty good perks! Rest up... we've got some playing to do this weekend!
Um. I laughed out loud over the buttered toast and frosting. Could we get a picture? lol.
Post a Comment