My baby (my oldest baby) is a big girl now! For all intents and purposes, we'll say her first day of Kindergarten was today. Today was just orientation, it
really starts tomorrow, but I don't want to postpone the typical first day of school post. I am actually quite thrilled for her, despite my charade of acting all sad and weepy at this momentous event. I will miss her, but she is more than ready for full day of school. She is not a very attached child. She is the one jumping from the car at full speed yelling "Bye mom...see ya later". Then I take a step back and wonder what I have done wrong? Shouldn't she be in tears at the thought of leaving me? Struggling just a little? Not this kid. She is ecstatic. I am too.

The First Day of School

I love these girls

Sister's gotta hug

Bird and Mrs. Roden

La Escuela 
Bug packed her school bag too. {Full of toys to share with Bird's class!}
Just oozing excitement
Rico and Bird...best buddies
8 comments:
Cute!!! You will have to stop by since I am only about a block aways from the school. :) Your sweet little girls look soooo cute!
aaahhhhh! I just LOVE school posts:) Brings back so many memories for me:) I hope she has a great day tomorrow!
cute pics. the first day is always hard. Give it a week and you'll be over it. Call me and we can do a pedi together or something one day now that you have a little more freedom.
I just can not think about Daidy Bear going or I start to cry. They just seem so young still to be out in that scary world by themselves plus it is all day kinder here (ouch) not sure about up by you but that makes a long day. That is so great! She will do fabulous!
Cute Pics. I would rather my kids be excited then bummed about going to school.
"Bird" looks like a mini Haley! She is so adorable.
Ok, so I just noticed your comment from weeks ago. I had blog moderation on and didn't know it. I dont know how much I cut but I said to my hair girl to cut as much as possible and make sure I could still put it in a pony tail. I have to say I love short hair.
You change your hair about the same as I change my sheets. Always lookin' cute Haley.
this mother never sheds a tear when it's the first day of school, either--it's a joyous occasion!
maybe when my baby starts preschool in a few weeks?
adorable girls!
Post a Comment