I was looking at various blogs online to day such as this, this, and this. They are the perfect sites to demonstrate my inadequacy as a crafty mom. I seriously couldn't do anything that I read on these blogs. All I have in my house are watercolor paints, markers, and crayons. Luckily, I remembered that I had a ton of fabric paint left over from my attempt to be crafty before Buster was born. I made the girls shirts that say "I am the big sister" and "I am the little big sister". They are so cute and they still wear them all the time. So, today, I rounded up all the plain white shirts that we could find (the girls refuse to wear anything without a "picture" or a pattern on it). We got painting. I found a very cute butterfly template and traced it on the shirts, and let the girls go wild... here are the results:



Then, I figured that I would attempt to paint some that they could actually wear out of the house, I came up with these:
This is my favorite
This one is kind of embarrassing, it got majorly messed up. I was trying to make it less "perfect" and smudge it up a little. But I think I am on to something with this one, I am going to try it again. I love the bird pattern.This one turned out kind of cute, hope that Bird thinks so.
With my luck, the kids will insist on only wearing the shirts they made, and they will want to wear them everywhere.

9 comments:
Cute!
haley! You are SOOO crafty! I would be proud to wear a haley young original!
I LOVE IT! All of it. But you know I love anything to do with crafts. Keep up the good work. It looks like your girls had a great time.
Nice job! They are super cute and you ARE crafty!
i hate to use the "L" word but you are not being very truthful. i have seen some of your crafts and you put me to shame. you always have great ideas. i am too anal to let do anything remotely close to that.
we definitely need to have another craft day, last time was fun :D
Well Thank you so much for that complement. It really made my day bright. I think you are really crafty tho. Those shirts you made are amazing. I am going to have to let the boys design there own shirts now. Thanks for the idea, great job!
Haley - I'm quite impressed with your creativity. You're a good mom!
Very cute haley! i think they are great!
They look good. I bougt the boys some cooking aprons a while back...that's what I should let them try. Any special paint that I need to use?
Post a Comment