14 July 2008

Alas, Another Day Slips Away

Having Rico home the past two months has been nice. However, the last thing I wanted to do was clean my house. We just had so much fun playing, it wasn't convenient. Rico started his job last week, and today I was lucky enough to score a play date for Bird and Bug. Hooray! Three husband and child-free hours! I should be cleaning my house, but I find myself with an hour and a half left, and I am still sitting at the computer blogging. Needless to say, my house will continue to stay dirty indefinitely. Plus, I think the D-O-G will be gone this week, and my vacuum bags that I ordered should be here any day. I guess it's best to wait a few more days anyhow. So if you by some crazy chance stop by my house, (heaven knows you won't be invited) and there is a faint stench of dirty house, it is quickly coming to an end.

3 comments:

shahna said...

I have been in your house a number of times and your definition of dirty and the rest of the world's is vastly different. Besides, my theory on that is to just ENJOY them while they are home this summer and then in the Fall when they go back to school (I guess Sophie is the only one in school, but still) then you can play cath up! I have atleast 20 things on my to do list today and I have accomplished 3 if it makes you feel any better.

Brit H. said...

I have decided that I HATE cleaning. I LOVE for things to be clean and organized, but I hate being the one to do it. So, I hear ya. Both of my girls are napping right now, husband is at work and I am on my computer. Word.

The A Team said...

i'm not the best house keeper either. i'd much rather play chutes and ladders with the boys or watch a lifetime movie then clean my toilets... i've lowered my standards, though. i feel my house is clean if my dishes are done so i just do them every night and i feel ahead of the game.