09 June 2008

Don't You Just Hate a Good Book?

I absolutely hate a good book. Why? You ask? Because I physically CANNOT put them down. It consumes every waking moment until I finish it. I don't fall asleep until 2 am, and then wake up and have to keep reading. Then, when I finish it, I am so mad, because it is done, and then I have nothing to read. It is a double edged sword.

I just finished A Thousand Splendid Suns, by Khaled Hosseini.

The book is amazing. I was HUGE fan of The Kite Runner, but this books surpasses it by a mile. It was so intense and extremely emotional. It fills you with hate, compassion, disgust and sadness. I will anxiously await another gripping novel from this author. In the mean time, what the heck do I read that will captivate me and keep my attention like this one? Come on all you readers out there, give me some suggestions. If you actually have the book that you suggest, then could I borrow it? I can NEVER find anything at the library.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Read "The Host" same author of Twlight - the first 100 pgs, are not super gripping, but then, holy smokes, so good, I couldn't put it down, it is just as good as Twlight. I lived and dreamed about it the few days it took me to read it.

Brooke said...

I would say the same thing about the host. It took me a few chapters to get into. . . but was pretty good. If you haven't read it, you can borrow mine.

I will think about my other favorites and get back with you. I am looking for some good reads right now too though. . ..

Amanda said...

LOVED it--100% agree with you....I have to say this book is not in the same category as the Twilight series to me......It's hard to find a book that changes you like this one!

grammy vicki said...

I have a few suggestions for books to read: The Last Lecture, by Randy Pausch - amazing book!! A Swift Pure Cry by Siobhan Dowd; and A Long Way Gone (I don't remember the author's name) - all true stories, and very good!

grammy vicki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.