
A little over 2 weeks ago, just a few days after Nick lost his job, our TV broke. Our 56" DLP TV broke. Well, okay, the bulb burned out. But still, essentially it broke. Just having found out we were without employment, there was no foreseeable way that this little problem could be fixed because to replace the bulb, would cost us near $300. Yeah, try pulling that out of thin air when your broke.
I thought it was the end of the world. I kept thinking, that I am going to be trapped in this house all summer with no TV and 3 kids!! (We still have a TV in the play room, but it is not the same.) It is so uncomfortable sitting in there for Nick and I, but I keep thinking how necessary it is to be able to watch my TV and movies, we love our movies too. Then last night the DVD player in the playroom broke. Yeah...I am 0 for 2 here. Come on! We are beginning to think that this is the Lord's way of telling us to read our Scriptures!
But the funny thing is...we haven't even missed it. At all. Really. I am finding other things to do at night, like clean up, do the dishes, and fold laundry. My kids are even more awesome. They have hardly watched anything since the incident. I am turning into one of those moms that won't allow their kids TV time, and fills the day with things like reading, and coloring. Who'd a thunk it! I may just make it the entire summer without it. You better believe that by fall, when all the good stuff comes back on, my TV will be fixed.
3 comments:
Okay---That is AWESOME that you guys are not missing it too much! It's making me feel guilty!!!!!
Patrick recently quit his job and we've moved from St. George back up to SLC. He still hasn't found a job yet - and doesn't qualify for unemployment since he was self employed for part of last year. I feel your pain. If you wanna vent - I'm here.
we took the t.v. away about 3 months ago, except for 1 hour a day that they earned. at first it was SOOOO hard and i wanted to put on a movie but then an amazing thing happened, everyone started using their imagination to entertain themselves and played better with eachother and went to timeout less. it's awesome!!! now if i can only stop watching lifetime movies during naptime....
Post a Comment