Early this morning we spotted the cutest little floppy-eared bunny in our back yard. Jada runs to go out and get it. She thinks that she is going to get it to come by saying "Here bunny! *kiss kiss*". That is when Otie bolted through the door and tried to catch it. The bunny took off. Now this ain't your average ugly jack rabbit, so it must be someones pet. We were about to leave for the library and we found it in our garage. The girls insisted that I catch it. It ended up being an all out chase though 3 neighbors yards that lasted about 15 minutes. I gave up. It was no use. Then they thought it was a good idea to leave carrots on our front porch in case it came back and was hungry.

We left, and we were gone for 3 hours. When we got home, the bunny was sitting in our garage, and didn't even try to run when I went up to it. It was probably so tired, poor thing. So I picked it up and put it in Otie's cage. The girls gave it a variety of rabbit food; carrots, spinach, and string cheese (thanks to Jada.) Needless to say, we have had quite the spectacle this afternoon with every single neighbor kid traipsing through our garage. Now if only we can find the owner. There is no way I am about to keep a bunny. I have posted signs all through the neighborhood and I will give it until tomorrow night. If no one claims it, then I'd say it is up for grabs. Any takers?
2 comments:
Do NOT tell my husband! He feels the need to take on any wild pet imaginable. No lie. Snakes included.
I agree, it doesn't exactly look 'wild' to me either.
ah, c'mon, keep it! your girls will love it!
Post a Comment