03 May 2008

Early Mother's Day

Some of you may recall a few months ago, I made a commitment to lose 60 lbs without going to the gym. Well, that has resulted in MAJOR failure. In no way was it possible to sustain a heart rate that will facilitate burning fat, when I have to stop every two minutes to adjust the shade on my kids, or reinsert a binky, give a sippy cup, tie a shoe. Was not working well. So I joined the local Lady of America, (less-than-moderate women's only gym) for a very enticing $16 a month. There is a reason it was only $16 a month...it is C-R-A-P. The child care was a 14 foot cube of boredom. It looked as if the toys were just covered in bacteria, the carpet was filthy. I was not impressed to say the least. Then the other day, I was talking to Stephanie about the Frisco Athletic Center, and decided to check it out. Eventhough it is no cheap-o deal like the $16 a month, we decided to sign up because it has waaaaaay more to offer. The indoor/outdoor pools are a children's dream come true. I have a ton of friends that go there, which will help us keep sanity this summer. I am so excited to start! We have already taken advantage of the pool, and it was a blast. Yea for me. Happy Mother's Day.

1 comment:

Lisa Marie Trent said...

I like how I heard the words "Frisco" and "Crisco" in the recent two posts.

Swimming is so good for you dude. And it's so good for your muscles. If you can manage a good front stroke, you should do 20 laps with each workout. It helps.