23 April 2008

Beware...It's Contagious

I have recently caught the green thumb. Thanks to Brianne, Sarah, and Andrea, I have been inspired to liven up my drab yard. Let's all hope that nothing dies. I have some challenges in finding things that will even grow in my yard due to the fact that I have no direct sunlight.

A welcoming walkway

My ivy, has been going strong since last year, and I just planted the hydrangea. I will post a picture when it blooms.

In the foreground is called a Lady in Red, it should bloom red flowers. And in the background, is my favorite. It is my Butterfly Bush. It blooms purple flowers and attracts butterflies. I did that one last year. It look dry as a bone in March and I almost ripped it out, by my dad saved it's life and I am so glad he did. I love it!

1 comment:

My name is Andrea said...

Hey! There are tons of great plants that do well in shade. Try impatiens, and bleeding heart. I love bleeding heart, but have never had enough shade. I don't know how it would do here, though. Love the hydrangas! Can't wait to see the blooms!