21 December 2007

The Official Announcement

Sorry I have been out of commission for a while. I was kinda busy having a baby. Eli Reed Young was born on December 19 at 3:31 pm. He was 7 Lbs 2 oz and 20 inches long. He is the perfect smoosh of my other two cuties. He has features of each of them, with his own little self thrown into the mix. I know the name is quite the departure from everything else we were talking about, but it just came to us, and it fits him perfectly.



This has the potential of being a VERY long story so I will spare you most of the details. I went to my regular check up on Tuesday, and had extremely high blood pressure, and it would not go down. I was then sent to labor and delivery for a 12 hour observation, hoping that "rest" would bring it down. However, it did not. So I ended up staying overnight and was induced the next morning. It did NOT go as smoothly as I had been telling myself, but when all was said and done, he made it here in one piece, and he is an absolute angel.
I am totally in love. The girls adore him so much. Sophie is going to be a little mommy. And Jada probably will remain slightly indifferent, with the occasional bout of obsession thrown in! A sad part of my story is that somehow, all of the pictures from the hospital were mysteriously lost from my camera. That is a total heart breaker. But we will just have to make up for lost time, and take a bunch throughout the holidays! Speaking of which, he is our own little elf, he has the perfect elf ear....so cute!

11 comments:

Jess said...

CONGRATS! What a beautiful healthy baby! What a special time to have a baby boy! He just looks perfect!

Amanda said...

He is adorable:) CONGRATULATIONS! Here's to wishing you get some good rest!

Sarah said...

Yea!!!!! I it sounds like an ordeal, but such a cute little blessing. Holler if you need anything.

Brianne said...

So exciting! You got your Christmas wish after all...to NOT be pregnant anymore! He's such a cute little guy, can't wait to meet him!

jenjamin said...

We are SO happy for you! Glad to hear everything is going good. Maybe you'll feel good enough by Chirtmas to enjoy the holiday. We love you lots and Ben says hi!

My name is Andrea said...

I can see a little Jada and a little Sophie in him, and also some little Eli! Cute name!! CONGRATUALTIONS and GOOD JOB!!

Gary Church said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! Congrats!! He's beautiful and you look AMAZZZZING!! I love his name too! I can't say congrats enough! So happy for you!! Merry Christmas to you!!!

Nat said...

Oh my goodness they are so sweet when they are that little!! Congrats!!! He is such a doll. I am glad everything went OK, that can be scary stuff. Take care of yourself and enjoy the holidays!

YoungFamilyBlog said...

Haley he is so cute. Congrats! Have fun this Christmas with the new little one.

Lisa Marie Trent said...

Yay another boy! Really- it doesn't matter if his birthday is the 10th or the 25th, it still sucks, I spend all of decmeber buying Jack gifts then on the 17th I split them in half and give one half to him for his b-day. It'll be crappy, but special.

Congratulations Hay, he's adorable.

Jen said...

Congrats!!!! He is beautiful and so are you!