16 December 2007

Nope, Still Preggers

I know you are all so concerned about my well being, so I thought I'd fill you in. I don't want you to lose anymore sleep. I am still a beached whale. I am sure feeling the "pressures" of this kids head ready to emerge any moment (sorry if that is too graphic). Nick and I went to see I Am Legend, and I seriously thought I was in labor during that movie, no joke. I told you I thought it may scare the baby out of me! I got home and popped some Tylenol PM, and zonked out around 12:30. I guess that is all I needed. No more contractions.

I have invited my grandma (in addition to my mom) to come to the hospital to watch him be "birthed". She is ecstatic about it. I absolutely have to keep this kid cooking until she gets here, which is conveniently on December 24th. I may just have to be okay with a Christmas baby. I will, however lie to him his whole life and tell him his birthday is on the 10th or something like that. So to make sure he stays in place, I am off the hook! No cooking, cleaning, bathing my kids, it could end up pretty nasty around here. Thank heavens for maid services. Do you think they bathe kids? I hope so.

8 comments:

My name is Andrea said...

I have been wondering...I know you have sitters for your kids all lined up but if you need another backup, let me know! That is awesome that your grandma is going to be here!

Gary Church said...

I'm glad the bun is still in the oven and that you're doing okay. You are brave to let anyone in to watch your delivery.

I don't think that even Gary wanted to see the process, so it's probably a good thing that Ryan was a cesarean baby. lol. It was getting pretty ugly ... fast.

YoungFamilyBlog said...

Ha you are so funny. Good luck with that little guy. I hope he comes soon. I can't wait to see the movie. Sounds so fun.

Brianne said...

When I didn't see you at church today, I did wonder, just for a second, if you were in labor. That just wouldn't be fair though to the rest of us who always go past their due date! Take it easy and let me know if you need anything...except cleaning your toilets! :)

Amanda said...

I was wondering:) Glad you still have that baby inside:)

Jeff and Amy Barlow said...

Like I said earlier...if you don't keep that baby in till I get back...there's going to be H-E-double-toothpicks to pay!

I can't wait to see this little guy, who I already feel so much love for. Cuz I love his mamma so!

Stay off your feet.

See you soon.
Ames

Strive to Thrive said...

Seriously, from one preggo to another-- clean your house, have some sex, and get that baby out. Those last few weeks are MISERABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing like having to recline on the toilet cuz you can't sit up straight. Sorry Ames!

I have your burpclothes-- if Sophie is at the Dazzler party today I'll bring em! (along w/ some black and blue cohosh!)

PUSH BABY PUSH!!

jenjamin said...

OH MAMA! I feel your pain. Literally. Hang in there and this too shall pass... once you have him in your arms it will all be worth it!