03 March 2010

Duhhhhh

Wowza! This is my 400th post. Aren't you so excited for me?

It's a darn shame that the only reason I am writing today is so that I can let you have some insight into the tortured soul I am becoming. I thought that going to school, learning and using my brian, was supposed to make me more smarter, but CLEARLY that is not the case. I can go on and on about cranial nerves, nervous tissue, resting membrane potential. (I am trying to impress you with my mad anatomy skills...jealous?) But when it comes to the simple stuff, I feel and look as though I just had a lobotomy (and btw I can define what happens when you get one of those...). Picture glazed over eyes staring off into the distance accompanied by drooling. Cooking dinner? DUHHHHHHH. Laundry? DUUUUHHHHHHH. Remembering to take that darned math test at school today? DUUUUHHHHHH.

Juggling the mother of all classes at school (A&P), math (my own private hell), three lovely and demanding children, being a wife, paying the bills, and even bathing has turned me into what I like to call the "the sidetracked multitasker". I affectionately gave that name to myself. I am notorious for starting one thing and moving on to something else before the previous thing was finished. For example: Begin unloading dishwasher, walk away from it, move to my bedroom and START making the bed and before the last pillow has made it to the bed, I've jumped into the shower and an hour later realize that the dishwasher is half unloaded. Oy vey.

I ain't complaining folks. I LOVE being back in school. It is thrilling, really. I can't wait to keep moving through this journey and in 3 years becoming a nurse. I am so excited. I am proof that it can be done! Yay me. Keep cheering me on guys. I need it!

Just a side note: I am heading to Austin this weekend to see Dirt Bag....I mean John Mayer with Ben and Jen. Holla! Good times. Good times.

(pics have nothing to do with post...just need a little giggle)

4 comments:

Lisa Marie Trent said...

Dirt Bag?

Jeff and Amy Barlow said...

First of all...you go, Girl! I'm SO proud of all that you are accomplishing right now. So keep up the good work, half-full dishwasher and all!

Secondly, I couldn't agree with you more. I CAN'T stand the Dirt Bag...although I LOVE his music. How can that be!? Wish I could be there to go with you. I was hoping I could find someone to go with me when he was here in Jax a couple weeks ago. But alas, to no avail.

Miss you! Hope all is well.
xoxo,
Amy

Wardell Family said...

Hey I love what you are doing! Becoming an RN, being a f/t mom and wife, cooking, cleaning, etc. How do you do it? I have a hard enough time do all that minus school! And I love the "side-tracked multitasker" portion. I am that to a T! haha! Thanks for the post. You da best!

jenjamin said...

You are awesome! Maybe you will inspire me to finish up my degree... one of these days. We are excited to see you guys!