10 June 2009

One Nightstand, Not a One Night Stand


I have been wanting to paint my nightstand's for the last 5 years, and I finally did it! These are circa 1980.  My parents bought them right off the show room floor as a bedroom suite, and 25 years later, as a wedding donation to the poor newlyweds, they were all mine at last. Classic me, I never took a before picture, but just picture a nice honey-oak finish and out-of-date hardware. Now they are a lovely robins egg blue with brushed nickel knobs. Can we say shabby-chic? Oh yes we can.
(seen ever-so-clearly, my Algebra for Dummies...on the bottom of the pile...hehehe.)

6 comments:

Amanda said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Jen V said...

Those look awesome! I love refinishing furniture!!

BTW, your new family photo (header) is soooo stinkin' cute!

Sarah said...

love it!!!

Ashley said...

I love it!!!! I was thinking of painting some book shelves-hmmmm, I may need a few pointers :)

Juli said...

They look awesome!

YoungFamilyBlog said...

You are so good at stuff like that. I love it.