At the bright and early crack of 8:00 am, I was awakened by a lovely rendition of "Happy Mother's Day To You" sung to the tune of Happy Birthday. My little Sophie walking into my room holding the tray with my perfectly on-diet breakfast. Two scrambled egg white, bananas, grapefruit and grapes. Very thoughtful on Nicks part, but come...no bacon? What gives? It didn't matter because my adorable little munchkins at it all anyway. On Mother's Day I usually want to use the excuse "It's my day, I don't want to lift a finger." But today was different. I wanted to do something special for my mom. We invited them over for dinner. We
barbecued some delicious steaks, had a great salad, and for dessert, the piece
de resistance:
White Chocolate Fruit Tart. D-I-V-I-N-E. I know it was supposed to be a
tart, but I do not own a tart pan, so it ended up being a kind of pie, but delicious nonetheless. Yes, a totally fattening, heavily calorie loaded, way off-diet dessert.
It was a good day.
3 comments:
That fruit tart looks SO YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Mother's Day, Hailey! I'm glad you ate the tart/pie! It WAS your day!!
Can you email me your address (rachellejense(at)hotmail(dot)com. I need to send your dvd back to you! Thanks.
Post a Comment