05 March 2008

Snow, Affliction, and Idol


Yes...it is March, and I live in the SOUTH, and we woke up yesterday to a lovely blanket of snow. Just what I want is snow. (yeah right) I love Texas, typically NO SNOW! The trees are already blooming, this is the best time of year and it gets ruined by snow. My girls were out playing in it by 7:30 a.m. and by noon, it was probably about 65 degrees. Gotta love it!
And I wonder why we can't kick this nasty virus that is hanging around here. The same virus that is the cause of this:

Is this not the most sad and pathetic sight? I am so heart broken that my little, sweet man is so sick. Just the early stages of bronchiolits, which if not caught soon enough turns into RSV. Thank heavens we were on top of this right away. I have been doing these nebulizer breathing treatments all day. I pray that they are working and he gets better soon. When I am holding him during the treatments, he is either sleeping or looking up at me with these sad little eyes, it just breaks my heart. Oh poor thing.

One last thing. Nick and I are devoted Idol fans. It all started when we watched during the initial auditions to see people make fools of themselves. Then we get sucked in to see how these people do in the competition. It is just good wholesome entertainment. Wholesome unitl you find out that one of the contestants was a stripper for 3 years, a la David Hernandez. I really liked him, but now his reputation is tainted.

And I am not the kind that will vote for someone just because they are mormon (which is why I believe Marie Osmond over-stayed her welcome on Dancing With the Stars), however, I do believe that David Archuletta and Brooke White are two of the best this year.



We will see how that fare if they make the top 12. Also, let it be know that I don't actually vote, I am just saying you shouldn't vote based on religion...it should be their talent. So sorry for this mindless rant. I am finished.

7 comments:

Brit H. said...

THe pic of Eli is the saddest thing I have ever seen! Also, your background and page changes like every day. They are all so cute. You are oh so crafty. You need to do my blog for me! Hey, are you ever going to come to SLC?? It would be good to see you sometime...

Amanda said...

Poor, poor little Eli:( I can't stand for babies to be sick (that is why I am not a good "baby" mommy!) It really breaks my heart:( I hope he is on the mend VERY soon!

My name is Andrea said...

1. I hate snow, it is a major reason I love Texas...I cringes when I woke up to that junk. Grrrrrr.
2. Poor Eli...I hope he gets well soon...call if you need some help! (in my friend voice, not my CS voice.)
3. CUTE header and background!
4. Ditto on the Mormon thing, although I am proud that they are so talented and they have no dingy pasts to deal with!
5. Ditto, also on the AI stuff...

jenjamin said...

GO Daivd GO Brooke... they were my favorites anyway and I didnt even know they were Mormon, I suspected though.

Sad to hear about Eli, hope he gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

Such a sad picyure of you little guy. Hope he gets all better soon. I am also a devoted AI watcher. I love the tone of Davids voice and I didn't know he was Mormon until after he was my favorite. Brooke is great too. I also don't vote.

Melis said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your little man is sick! Sheesh! This year has seemed to be hard on so many of us! No fun! We just took Reed to Urgent Care last night. He has croupe. I sure hope Eli gets better soon! We will keep him in our thoughts & prayers!

Love the AI post! I am very excited about this years AI. I went to elementary & junior high school with Brooke. She is simply amazing inside & out & I love her voice! This is the first year that I have actually voted! I was actually very upset when Alaina Whitaker left. She was my favorite girl, truth be told. Anyhow, happy AI watching! ;)

Wardell Family said...

I have to agree with you about Brooke and David. Brooke did a stellar job on the piano "Let It Be"-that's REAL talent! I hope she wins cause she would also be an influence for good...heaven knows the world needs that!