11 November 2007

Spiritual Sunday and Triumphant Weekend

Today was a great day. Church was great. And to top things off, I just got called to the Primary Presidency. Yes, I am having a baby in less than two months, but who am I to argue against revelation and inspiration? The new president, Shahna Argyle, is so great and felt very strongly that it should be me. I am flattered, and honored. I know that it is what I need to be doing right now, to serve in the gospel. I can't wait. I will put in 6 weeks, and have a month off, but then it will be back to the grindstone! I am so grateful for the church and the opportunity to serve.

Okay, now for the triumphant part of the weekend. We have fully conquered the pacifier battle!! Those of you who know Jada, know that she ALWAYS has one with her. She LOVED her binky...truly. She treated it like a person. She had some very serious rituals with it. It was actually getting quite out of hand. I personally never wanted to take it from her. I knew it would break her heart, and she would be so sad. It would be like taking away a favorite blankie. I was fine with it. Nick, on the other hand thought it needed to end soon. However, the timing that this all began was merely coincidental. I had left one night to go out with friends and he was in charge of bedtime. Unfortunately, our very last binky was left in the car that I was driving. Usually NO BINKY=NO SLEEP. Nick did manage to get her to fall asleep without it. BRAVO! And from then on it was no more binky's for Jada. There were numerous blood-curdling screaming tantrums the next day, but all is well now. We have moved on. (Unless she finds one amidst the toy clutter around the house...lets all hope that one doesn't happen!)

8 comments:

Brianne said...

Wow, all the big stuff happens at church the day I have to stay home with the sickos. You'll do great I'm sure! Congrats to Jada, and you and Nick I guess, for taking that big step! I think we'll be tackling that same issue after Ben gets adjusted to his new room and bed coming soon...yikes.

My name is Andrea said...

Primary is awesome and they are very lucky to have you! Shahna will be so neat to work with, and you will do a great job!

Congrats on the end of the binky! I just can't get over how gosh darn cute that little punkin is!!

Gary Church said...

The fact that you're a little aprehensive means that you're normal ... this is a good thing.

And I'm totally not looking forward to training Ryan to sleep without a binkie. He only gets his binkie in his crib ... he never needs it during the day ... but I'm so not looking forward to the night I decide to take it away and listen to him cry himself to sleep. I guess it's better than trying to take away a thumb.

YoungFamilyBlog said...

Congrats on both ends Haley! Those binki battles can be hard. I am so thankful both my kids have not really wanted them. I would be like you and not have the heart to take it away.

Jeff and Amy Barlow said...

WOW!!!!! You are going to be one busy woman! Will I ever see you? Are movie nights a thing of the past? Regardless, I am SO proud and excited for you. You'll do great. And the presidency is so lucky to have you. :)

Nat said...

Congrats on the new calling! Glad its you and not me, I am not ready for that responsibility!

Nat said...

By the way, thanks for posting pics of Audrey. Ive never seen her and she is cute!

jenjamin said...

Oh... so sad for Jada. I am still sad about Tyler (who is 8) not having his. Ben stole it from him when he turned 2 and I just can't get that visual image of him wandering the house for 2 days with a whimper and concerned face. Binkey babies are the best but it is better the loose it sooner rather than later so congrats. You'll do AWESOME in primary!