09 September 2007

Jane Austen Addict

I am forced to admit that I recently have become addicted to all Jane Austen films. I have NEVER read any of the books, much to the chagrin of my mother-in-law. The past 2 weeks I have rented all of the movies, starting with Pride and Prejudice. The following day I saw Becoming Jane in the theater. Next I rented Emma. I love that one! I finally finished by watching Sense and Sensibility.
There is just something about those movies. You know they are going to end up with a happy ending, but you still can't help but get drawn in to all the heartache and romance. I have been so into it lately that my dreams are set in the 1800's English Countryside! I love a great, and very moral romance movie. In so many ways, I wish that life was still like it is depicted in the movies. It was so simple back then.

1 comment:

My name is Andrea said...

Did you take the "Which Jane Austen charcter are you?" quiz? You can find it here: http://www.strangegirl.com/austenquiz/